AA - Pitch Up - Eat Local
Pitch up, go exploring and tuck into an outdoor feast.
- The Camping and Caravanning Club's guru, Ali Ray, will make your pitch perfect with these 60 mouthwatering recipes to cook on your campfire, gas hob or barbeque
- Buy fresh local ingredients from fabulous farmers' markets, farm shops and the best local artisan producers
- Discover the traditional delicacies of each region
- Choose from over 150 campsites handpicked by Ali. There's something for every camper, whatever your style, be it campervan, caravan, tipi or tent
- Endorsed by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall
- 380 pages
1 Item Items
Warning: Last items in stock!
From grilling Welsh Black Beef Burgers on the barbeque, or cooking up Cromer Crabs in a pot over a campfire after a day at the beach, what we cook when we camp is a memorable part of the adventure. If that food is grown in surrounding fields, caught in nearby rivers or produce by local people, the experience is even richer - it connects us with the places we are visiting. Food can tell us the story of the place. This book is full of those stories.
Pitch Up Eat Local is the Camping and Caravanning Club's inspiring guide to amazing places to camp, each close to great locally grown or produced foods. It is full of details and first-hand descriptions of farmers' markets, doorstep sales, farm shops and pick-your-own and even the campsites themselves that produce food. There are inspiring recipes to go with each campsite, from a one-pot Herdwick Lamb Curry to Yorkshire Rhubarb Crumble, all easy to cook on a gas hob, barbeque or over a fire - and all using ingredients produced in the local area. If you love food and fresh air, this book is for you.
No customer reviews for the moment.